Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I really am manly . . .

Some of you may have read the blogs that my wife has been posting about all of our fun family activities. I don't dispute any of them - Michelle is nothing if not honest. So you probably know that we read the Twilight series together, and that I've made cookies, and, yes, even attempted to sew. Maybe you are thinking to yourself, "That Dan character really seems kind of girly," but I assure you that that particular thought is unequivocally false.

What Michelle has failed to mention are all the incredibly manly things that I do, so I thought I would take this opportunity to enlighten you.
  • First, I use power tools on a regular basis, drilling holes and mounting hardware.
  • Michelle asks me all the time to open very stuck jars for her.
  • I'm the bread-winner of the Black household, and the fruit-winner, and the vegetable-winner, and the ice-cream-winner.
  • I lift weights (at least once this week).
  • I only shave three times a week, and you can tell.
  • I'm married to a beautiful woman.
  • I play Ultimate Frisbee twice a week, and always have some sort of battle scar from a magnificent defensive play or awesome diving catch in the endzone.
  • I'm the dad that can beat up your kid's dad.

So before you accuse me of being a pansy, just ask yourself, "Am I comfortable enough with my manhood to sew, or cook, or clean, or do cheerleading?" Who's the real pansy?

1 comment:

Josh said...

But do you LIKE the Twillight series?