Monday, August 8, 2011

Almost Five...

In two days, Michelle and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. I can't believe it! On the one hand it doesn't feel like it's been that long. On the other, I can't imagine life without her. Here's some random dan-and-michelle trivia:
  • I flew home early from a trip to Greece to propose, and Michelle was totally surprised
  • Michelle got me a ring made from Tungsten, a hypo-allergenic element used in integrated circuit technology, and one of the hardest substances on the planet (though not harder than diamond - Thanks Liz for proving it, now my ring's scarred forever!)
  • Over the course of our marriage, we've lived in four different homes, gone through three jobs, and had two cute kids
  • We've been in Texas for almost half our marriage
  • Michelle likes my hair short - and it's a good thing, because hair longevity is just not in the cards for me
  • Michelle is an amazing cook, home-maker, planner, gardener, and mommy (just to name a few)
  • We look forward to date night every week
  • After five years, I love Michelle more than ever!
Here's to another 50!

2 comments:

Dan and Michelle said...

Here's to eternity!xo

Liz Cox said...

Well, you challenged me about the indestructability of your ring. I couldn't back away. I still feel a little bad about that mark though...