Friday, November 7, 2008

rain

why does it always rain hard?
why am i drenched?  - there's a hole in my umbrella.
i can look through it and get spattered in the eye.
so much for seeing where i'm going.

why does it always rain hard?
why am i cold? - i hug my jacket to me.
i can feel my breath and warm my face.
i can't seem to feel my toes.

where are my toes taking me?
i seem to be going in circles.
i've splashed through that puddle three times already.
is this the way i've been going all along?

water flows downhill, right?
i don't want to go that way; i want to go up.
i will set a new course to get to higher ground.
maybe i can get above the clouds.

why does it always rain hard?
if it were only a drizzle, would i open my eyes?
i can see to change my path and actually get somewhere.
i'll take poor visibility over blindness.

1 comment:

Ballard and Susan said...

Impressive Dan. We love you.